Pelin
Is there any proverb like this in English? (like a president, manager, director etc.) When someone takes responsibility, they act reasonable. If I say; The head that wears the crown gets smart. Is it natural? Or, what would you say?
1
0
I've never heard anything similar in English. We do have another saying about heads and crowns: "Heavy is the head that wears the crown." <-- That's how it's usually said. It originally comes from Shakespeare, who wrote in the play "Henry IV": "Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown." This basically means that a king (or someone with serious responsibilities) worries a lot. So, because we have this saying about the head that wears the crown, and it makes us think about worries, I don't think we could have another head-crown proverb without creating some confusion. Basically, English doesn't have room for another one, I think.
Pelin
English, Turkish