LilIan
does this sentence sound normal and natural? does this sentence " Another point that could validate my viewpoint is that parents sometimes may have difficulties in understanding their children’s feelings owing to the significant age gap" sound normal and natura in terms of sentence structure and grammar (not the content)l?
Nov 11, 2016 1:23 AM
4
0
The only thing I would change is take out the "owing" and put in "due," it makes more sense. And the "in" before understanding is not necessary: "Another point that could validate my viewpoint is that parents sometimes may have difficulties understanding their children’s feelings due to the significant age gap. Other than that, it's correct ! Just FYI, if you want to sound smarter in an essay, I would take out the "could." It makes you seem more confident in what you are saying. "Another point that validates my viewpoint is that..." But of course, this is optional, it's up to you :)
LilIan
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Dutch, English, Japanese
Chinese (Mandarin), Dutch, English, Japanese