Huy
definitional tasks Hi, I came across this phrase when watching a TED video: "And if we really want to get out of this economic mess, if we really want high performance on those definitional tasks of the 21st century, the solution is not to do more of the wrong things, to entice people with a sweeter carrot, or threaten them with a sharper stick. We need a whole new approach." Source: https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_pink_on_motivation/transcript Could you please tell me what "definitional tasks" means? The word "definitional" confuses me, can I omit it? Thank you.
Nov 11, 2016 5:37 AM
2
0
definitional tasks as I see it - tasks that you meant to understand, to prioritize, to make a decision on what exactly are you going to do, wich direction to follow. important ones In other words - you want to achieve some goal: to be promoted in a year. Your definitional tasks will be: - to learn more stuff on your job to become more proficient - to get better results (increased sales) - to become a leader for your co-worker - to get noticed by boss or smth.
Huy
English, Vietnamese