Maxi
Rewriting sentences into passive. Do you mind to help me cheking them? 1) Police close the road after the accident. The road was closed after the accident. 2) Somebody has stolen handbag. My handbag has been stolen. 3) They are painting my house. My house is being painted. 4) They’ll hold a meeting tomorrow to discuss the problem. A meeting will be held tomorrow to discuss the problem. 5) If they hadn’t found the bomb in time, it would have exploded. If the bomb had not being found in time, it would have exploded. 6) The police can arrest you for driving without a licence. You can be arrested for driving without a licence. 7) Miranda thinks someone was following her last night. Miranda thinks she was being followed last night. 8) I hate somebody waking me up when I’m fast asleep. I hate being woken up when I’m fast asleep. 9) They’re going to close the local the local police station. The local police station is going to be closed.
Nov 12, 2016 3:42 AM
3
0
1) Police closed the road after the accident. The road was closed after the accident. 2) Somebody has stolen my handbag. My handbag has been stolen. 3) They are painting my house. My house is being painted. 4) They’ll hold a meeting tomorrow to discuss the problem. A meeting will be held tomorrow to discuss the problem. 5) If they hadn’t found the bomb in time, it would have exploded. If the bomb had not being found in time, it would have exploded. 6) The police can arrest you for driving without a licence. You can be arrested for driving without a licence. 7) Miranda thinks someone was following her last night. Miranda thinks she was being followed last night. 8) I hate somebody waking me up when I’m fast asleep. I hate being woken up when I’m fast asleep. 9) They’re going to close the local police station. The local police station is going to be closed. Some minor mistakes, 'my handbag' and 'local police station'. Otherwise, it was very good! You should add it to the notebook section, it is easier to edit there.
Maxi
English, Portuguese, Spanish
English, Portuguese