Working with "clauses of contrast and purpuse". Could you help me checking these sentences are OK?
1) Although she’s the head of the department, she often goes out with her colleagues.
2) The account manager called his client to arrange a meeting.
3) The company is expanding even though there is a recession.
4) The firm made several people redundant in order to cut cost.
5) His secretary stayed at her desk so as not to miss a call.
6) Everybody seemed to enjoy Mike’s speech at the wedding in spite of his terrible jokes.
7) The restaurant's staff are happy despite working long hours every day.
8) She closed the door of her office so that nobody could hear her conversation.