Steffi
Help translating a letter Hello! The person I'm writing to lost a family member and I'm writing a letter to maybe help him feel better. He is older than me so I would like it to be in formal language. Thank you so much! 'Hello. I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I was there with you but I also realize you may need some time to yourself and with the people you love. You are the strongest person I know. Crying does not make you weak. It makes you strong. Please don't keep your feelings to yourself. Your grandmother is surely taking care of you from Heaven. Remember your precious moments with her and she will always be in your heart. She will be in mine. Thank you for being so strong. I wish the best for you and your family in these moments.'
1
0
Hello. I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I was there with you but I also realize you may need some time to yourself and with the people you love. You are the strongest person I know. Crying does not make you weak. It makes you strong. Please don't keep your feelings to yourself. Your grandmother is surely taking care of you from Heaven. Remember your precious moments with her and she will always be in your heart. She will be in mine. Thank you for being so strong. I wish the best for you and your family in these moments. 안녕하세요. 할머니를 떠나보내셨다니 제 마음이 아픕니다. *님* 곁에 있고 싶지만 한편으론 사랑하는 가족들과의 시간이 필요하실 것 같아요. *님*은 제가 아는 가장 굳건한 분이세요. 그리고 *님*은 눈물을 통해 유약해지기보다 오히려 더 강건해질 거예요. 슬픔을 자기 가슴에만 묻어 두지 마세요. 할머니께서도 분명히 하늘에서 *님*을 보살피실 테니까요. 할머니와 나눴던 귀한 순간들을 생각하실 때마다 할머니는 *님*의 마음에 계실 거예요. 제 마음에도 계시니까요. 용기를 잃지 않는 모습에 감사해요. *님*과 가족들이 이 슬픔의 시간을 잘 넘기시길 바라요. *님* (honorific "you") is not the most natural word. If you know the person's name, you can substitute "[FIRST NAME] 씨" or ""[FIRST NAME] 님" (more polite) for *님*.
Steffi
Korean