El 麦霸
the phrasal verb HOLD STEEL. Today I've heard this phrasal verb while I was listening to a podcast. As I understood by the context, it means something like "stop moving". So, can I use this verb in following ways? 1) If you don't hold steel I can't pull out that thing in your eye. 2) It will be hurt, but you have to hold steel for a while. 3) Hold steel, my friend, there is a snake under your feet. 4) The cat needs an injection, we have to make it hold steel while we are doing it. 5) There is a big well in front of you, hold steel or you will fall down.
Nov 14, 2016 11:41 AM
2
0
It should actually be "hold still". 1) If you can't hold still I won't be able to pull that thing out of your eye. 2) It will hurt, ... 4) ... we have to make sure it holds still...
El 麦霸
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English, German, Italian, Japanese, Kyrgyz, Russian
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English, German, Italian, Japanese