David Kwok
How can I express " keep don't ..." Poeple usually say "keep practicing " , "keep going " etc. But what about this case ? A: I have to change my major. B: why ? A: if I keep don't understand the course , my money would be wasted . How can I say it in the natural or native way ? Thank you very much :-)
14 de nov de 2016 16:06
6
0
If I keep failing to understand the course , my money would be wasted.
14 de Noviembre de 2016
It's a little awkward, but the direct way to say it is "If I keep not understanding this course, my money will be wasted." As others have noted there are probably better ways to say. And regarding Jeff's answer, which is certainly grammatically correct, I think it's worth pointing out that the meaning is different. "If I keep not understanding" implies that you have never understood and may never understand. "If I don't keep understanding" implies that you previously understood the material but might be worried that it will become harder and you will not understand in the future. If you replace "keep" with "continue" I think it's more clear: "If I continue to not understand" has a different meaning from "If I don't continue to understand." I hope that's helpful!
14 de Noviembre de 2016
If I DON'T keep ON understanding.... then the sentence is grammatically correct
14 de Noviembre de 2016
If my grades keep dropping... If my grades don't improve...
14 de Noviembre de 2016
If I can't understand... If I continue to do poorly... If I can't figure out... I'm not doing well. I don't understand. I'm struggling. The course is difficult. <- something like these
14 de Noviembre de 2016
David Kwok
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English, Italian, Japanese, Korean
English, Italian, Korean