Lolita
why some words don't be in the dictionary ? I looked at the dictionary(Longman) for this word " germaphobe " and there was not any meaning but in the online dictionary "urbun dictionary " there is its meaning . now ! is this informal ? slang ? slang are not in the dictionary ? urban dictionary is a reference for everyday English ?
7
0
People coin new words every day, especially online. I've not seen "germaphobe" but it's an example of a made-up word. The meaning is clear but the word may never become popular. If I published an article online with the word "workaphobe" (a person who is afraid of work), I could not really expect Oxford to publish it any time soon!
We Americans tend to make up words at the drop of a hat, so many of our expressions may not appear in the official dictionaries of the literary world.
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=46748
By way of correcting you headline: Why are some words not in the dictionary? Or. Why can't I find some words in the dictionary?
because it is not discovered yet
Lolita
Armenian, English, Italian