박희섭(Heesob Park)
What is the meaning of "でんとした"? 1) What is the meaning of "でんとした" in the following sentence? こんなにもでんとした星は、見たことがなかった。 2) What is the meaning of "しっとる" in the following sentence? ふむ、海、川、町、山、さばくのあるところをよくしっとる、もの知りのことじゃ。
Nov 15, 2016 5:58 AM
2
0
でんとした in this case, I think would mean "stand out." As でんと is usually used as an adverb and means "imposingly" or "heavily, according to the dictionary. When する is attached, it becomes a verb. My translation on this is only a contextually based guess and I am not sure if there might be a more appropriate translation for this. しっとる is a form of the verb 知る. Normally, you would see 知っている, but in this case, it is said in a local dialect where all ている verb forms become とる. I hope this helps. If you need any more assistance, let me know.
박희섭(Heesob Park)
English, Finnish, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Persian (Farsi), Russian, Swedish, Vietnamese
Norwegian