Heidi
Is it OK? 'My favorite TV show is Animal World. It has many animals.' Thanks
Nov 15, 2016 11:50 AM
6
0
It is perfectly correct English. It is a little odd because the word "has" is very general. It is something a language beginner or a child would say, because of not yet knowing other words that are a better fit for the situation. "Has" suggests "owns" or "contains." "The Bronx Zoo has animals from all over the world." "The farm has animals." "They love animals and they have six animals in their house: two dogs, two cats, a guinea pig, and a hamster." In the case of a TV show, a more advanced speaker would wish to say a little bit more and would use more specific language than "has:" "My favorite TV show is 'Animal World.' As the title suggests, it is about animals." "My favorite TV show is 'Animal World.' It shows many kinds of animals from all over the world." "My favorite TV show is 'Animal World.' It features animals in their natural habitat." For a book: "The field guide describes all the common animals of Wyoming, including prairie dogs, buffalo, and pronghorns."
It's ok. More complex: "It features many animals" or: "They feature many animals"
Heidi