KARFAX
I need checking my grammar. I have a problems with tenses( Kate often was ringing up herbmother in London when she was studying at the University. What time he usually has dinner? When I will get home I will make a cup of coffee and turn on TV. It is half past ten now. John is outside and checking his car. He says he will have been ready in an hour or so. We must hurry or we will not catch the train. How long were you waiting for me? They didn't speak English when they were on holiday. They are going to marry. The wedding will be next Saturday. I was writting this letter to you while the children were playing on the beach. That isn't my book. It is belongs to my cousin. What were you doing at 6 o'clock last night? He was sorry that he has offending us.
1
0
Hello Karfax, Many of your sentences are actually correct! The first sentence is talking about a habit in the past so you should use either the past simple - Kate rang her mother.. OR used to + infinitive - Kate used to ring her mother .. The next sentence needs an auxiliary - What time does he usually have dinner? - When you add an auxiliary in the present simple the main verb returns to 1st form. In the third sentence the expression is 'When I get home ....' present simple for future. Most of the next sentence is fine - but the last part should read 'he will be ready in an hour' - future simple 'How long were you waiting for me?' I suspect is correct in American English, but in British English we would use the present perfect continuous - 'How long have you been waiting for me?' - It depends on the context which we don't have here. I am assuming that you are talking in the present. The last sentence should be in the past perfect. 'He was sorry that he had offended us.' The action of offending takes place before the apology but needs the apology. It is very difficult to give a full explanation to all the sentences but I hope this helps Bob
KARFAX