Son
Is 我得赦备了 the correct way to say I have to excuse myself? If you're at a dinner and need to excuse yourself to leave, is it correct to say "我得赦备了"?
5
0
"失陪了, I gotta split." I guess I would say it this way.
失陪(了) = (I'm sorry for) not being able to be your company any more, used when you are excusing yourself. 失= fail to do something you are supposed to do, especially to keep doing something or keep it under control: 失礼,失陪,失手。 失陪 is a rather old or formal expression. A possible occasion you may use naturally it is at a commercial dinner, where, for example, you have to leave for a while to answer a phonecall, you may say 抱歉,失陪一会儿. If you leave and do not come back to company, you are to say something about why your're leaving. Mere 失陪了 feels rather too curt. You don't have to, of course, tell people that you're hurrying off to meet your mistress ;). Instead, you may say 抱歉,我有点别的事儿要先走一会儿,失陪了。If you are in company with close friends and need to leave, you may just say 不好意思/抱歉,我先走了。
失陪了. 赦 = spare as in amnesty.
我得失陪了
I think it would suffice to say: 不好意思我得走了。
Son
Chinese (Mandarin)