cwr31
out of touch? They repudiate the media --- including this newspaper --- for being patronizing, partisan and as out of touch and elitist as the politicians. partisan and as out of touch and elitist as the politicians = ?
Nov 18, 2016 12:56 AM
3
0
Partisan - prejudiced in favor of a particular group or cause "Out of touch" - not aware of or able to understand the concerns of the average person. Oblivious to what's going on outside their bubble. Don't seem to realize that others who are different from the people in their own social group exist.
It is saying that people think the media and politicians are both out of touch (unaware or unable to relate to), elitist and partisan. How partisan, elitist and out of touch the media is = How partisan, elitist and out of touch the politicians are as denotes equality. That is a very odd sentence because usually when listing things in English we only use the word ¨and¨ once. For example if I was listing two things I would say - A and B. For three things - A,B and C. For four - A,B,C and D I do not think that saying A and B and C is incorrect but but it is rarely used when writing because is becomes confusing. I am not sure if that helped but I hope it did.
cwr31