Eugene
Why my entries are being ignored? I am upset because my notebook entries are not interest anybody. I placed my last entry in the notebook section but it was not met somehow by italki society. Then I moved it to the discussion section with a hope that at least one person will check it out but again it was a fail. Tell me guys what is the key to reach success among local public?.. I am clearly understand that italki is not a place for amusement or whine but I usually try to write a sinsere or interesting entry with looking forward for feedback.
Nov 18, 2016 8:19 AM
16
1
The last one was too long, Eugene. It would take at least 30 minutes to give a good correction. If you cut it up, you may get better results.
Hi Eugene, I went back to see what the problem might be, and I believe your posts are too long!!! They are at least 4 paragraphs long and it takes a while to correct a text. In the old version of italki, I would actually search for texts that had zero corrections, and most of the times, the texts were like yours---very long; I would sit and correct them, and it would take me sometimes 30 minutes to an hour, and like most people, I have other things to do. Also, looking at your text, I can quickly see that a lot of the time correcting it would be spent on finding the best way to say your sentences. Take this sentence, for example: I think the most problem we can notice about to get comfortable with speaking foreign language is not to find partner to speak but to come opened for using language freely. (The biggest problem about learning a foreign language is not finding a partner to practice with, but actually speaking the language). I had to think of this sentence in less than a minute and I still think is not 100% close to what you're trying to say. I understand the idea you're trying to communicate and at this point I'm thinking...what's the best way to communicate this idea as a native English speaker so this actually takes a bit of time; is not as easy as somebody writing, The apples is green. This sentence is easy to correct because all that needs correction is a verb. The apples are green. Your sentence is more complex, and it requires a lot of time to correct it, and that's how a lot of your text is: long and complex, and that's why I wouldn't correct it---too long, too complex, too much time. My suggestion to you would be to submit maybe one paragraph at a time because smaller texts have a higher chance of getting corrected.
Wow It's sad reading this, because it proves that you are a serious learner and I like that. Here are some possibilities which no one is correcting your entries. 1- Long entries that make people too lazy for it (from 2500 I only use 1500 and even so people tell me that's too much). 2- Your writing skills is very good so small details might not be seen. 3- Most of natives of English are just here to get paid to help people (I say that because I receive most correction on my Italian and Spanish entries and I cannot count how many times I have read people wondering why natives of English are so hard to be found to get a good help from). 4- You don't write much, so maybe your entries might disappear on the list. That's what I think about it... So if you really want to be taken seriously on your writing skills, I recommend you to use Lang-8, because that website was made for this, only. Good luck there.
Typo. This is incorrect.
not met This is incorrect. Not corrected or discussed, but not 'not met' Someone out there is teaching Russians that we 'meet' words and phrases, etc., in English We do not. This incorrect b
Eugene