Monika
Are these Arabic sentences correct? He didn't send them anything. لم يرسل لهم شيء He made a good deed. انجز العمل الجيد He forced him to go there. ارغمه على ذهب هناك The news from Egypt made me sad. احزنتني الاخبار من مصر Finish (plural) this work immediately! انجزوا هذا العمل فورا And can you help me with translation of these sentences into Arabic? Thanks! His boss liked him.with اعجب First he has to like you. اعجب He shocked his father. ادهش He shocked everybody. ادهش
Nov 18, 2016 10:28 AM
12
3
Salam Monika, Posting what you need to correct in the "notebook entry" section on italki would be better for you, because there we have corrections tools that show you where you made mistakes, but here in the "answer" section we don't have the same tools. I tried my best to show you the corrections by putting them between brackets, and after the slash I put another way to rephrase your sentences. I wish you good luck. He didn't send them anything. لم يرسل لهم (شيئًا) He made a good deed. أنجز العمل الجيد/ أنجز (عملًا جيدًا) He forced him to go there. أرغمه على (الذهاب) هناك/ أرغمه (على أن يذهب) هناك The news from Egypt made me sad. أحزنتني (الأخبار) (من/ عن) مصر/ أحزنتني (أخبار مصر) Finish (plural) this work immediately! أنْجِزوا هذا العمل فورًا And can you help me with translation of these sentences into Arabic? Thanks! His boss liked him: أُعجِب مديره/ رئيسه به First he has to like you: عليك أن تعجبه أولًا - "This translation works if you care more for the meaning than the literal translation". He shocked his father: أدهش والده/ أباه He shocked everybody: أدهش الجميع
He didn't send them anything. لم يرسل لهم شيء ✓ He made a good deed. انجز العمل الجيد أنجز عمل جيد " without the Al- ال " as you used an indefinite article " a " ( al= the ) He forced him to go there. ارغمه على ذهب هناك ✓ The news from Egypt made me sad. احزنتني الاخبار من مصر ✓ Finish (plural) this work immediately! انجزوا هذا العمل فورا ✓ And can you help me with translation of these sentences into Arabic? Thanks! His boss liked him. أعجب رئيسه به First he has to like you. أولا عليه أن يعجب بك He shocked his father. أدهش والده He shocked everybody. أدهش الجميع
سـلام Overall, the sentences are very good but here are some suggestions to make them more correct gramatically: He didn't send them anything. لم يرسل لهم شيئا -- In this sentence, (شيئ) is in the direct object position, hence the need for the marker "ا", which is used with indefinite nouns, in the direct object case. He made a good deed. أنجـزعمـلا جيدا -- "انجز العمل الجيد" translates to "He did the good job/work". If you are talking about work in a more abstract way, you can use the verb "قـام". Example: "قــام بعمـل جيد" He forced him to go there. أرغمه على الذهاب إلى هناك -- It sounds more "natural" to add the preposition "إلى" before the location. The news from Egypt made me sad. أحزنتني الاخبار القادمـة من مصر -- The sentence is correct, but to avoid confusion, it is better to clarify that you are talking about the news that is coming from Egypt, otherwise the reader may think you are saddened by the news while you were in Egypt. Here are my suggestions regarding the sentences you would like to translate: His boss liked him. أعجب به رئيسه في العمل First, he has to like you. أولا يجب أن تعجبه He shocked his father. صدم والده He shocked everybody صدم الجميع The verb "أدهش" rather means to amaze someone, while "صدم" is a better choice to express shock. You did a very good job, it was easy to understand your sentences, but , as it is often the case with translation, there always some subtle touches that can1 help you convey the exact meaning. بــالتــوفيــق
Hi, I'm totally agree with Majed. The last four sentences were need more correction. But there was simple mistake with ذهب, I'd like to say = أرغمه على الذهاب الى هناك.
He didn't send them anything. لم يرسل لهم أي شيء He made a good deedفعل صنعا جيدا He forced him to go there. ارغمه على الذهاب هناك The news from Egypt made me sad. احزنتني الاخبار من مصر Finish (plural) this work immediately! انجزوا هذا العمل فورا His boss liked himمديره أُعجب به First he has to like you. أولا يجب عليه ان يروقك He shocked his father. ادهش والده He shocked everybody. ادهش الجميع
Monika
Arabic (Egyptian), Arabic (Modern Standard), Czech, English, Hebrew, Japanese, Persian (Farsi), Slovak, Spanish
Arabic (Egyptian), Arabic (Modern Standard), English, Hebrew, Persian (Farsi)