emar
"throughout", what´s the meaning? I have seen this word fininshing sentences with a meaning similar to: during the whole period of something.or completely For example. He cleaned the house throughout. / He drove the car throughout the day. I wondered if there is any special situations to use it or I can make use of it anytime when I mean: completely thanks
1
0
Throughout doesn’t mean “completely”. It has the following two meanings: 1) In every part of (a place or object): ‘He cleaned the house throughout.’ (Your example sentence) ‘It had repercussions throughout Europe’ ‘The house is in good order throughout’ 2) From beginning to end (of an event or period of time): “He drove the car throughout the day.” (Your example sentence) “We'll update you on this news story throughout the day.” “He stayed by her side throughout her long illness.”
emar