Liusu
Can you help me pick a name? I want a boy's English name that is pronounced like Mao.Can it be Maut?I don't know.
19. Nov 2016 09:54
7
0
Actually the closest thing that I can think of to 'Mao,' does not begin with an 'M,' at all... The English name that sounds most like "Mao," is probably "Hal." The 'al,' of Hal is the best approximation, in an English name, of the 'ao,' of Mao.
19. November 2016
The closest names I can think of are Moe or Mo. The vowel is the same as in "no" or "low". Other less close options are: Max Mark Matt
19. November 2016
Yes, I think most people know how 'Mao,' is pronounced, but the problem is that we do not use that sound in our names in English.
19. November 2016
A name whose second syllable sounds like 'ou' in 'Scout'.
19. November 2016
No, there is no name "Maut." We have no English boys' name which sounds like the 'ao,' part of 'Mao.' We have the name "Matt," which is short for Matthew but there is no 'ao' sound in Matt, it is simply a short 'a' sound.
19. November 2016
Liusu
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English