Philip
"Je m'en câlisse l'automne" translate to English The context is that this person hates Autumn and prefers other seasons. Google tells me "câlisse" is Canadian for "fuck". So from the context, I guess the translation is "I fucking hate autumn", or perhaps "I'm fucked in autumn", but I don't understand how this translates. The "m'en" is "me en", correct?
4
0
Hi! I'm a French Canadian. We don't write "sacres" (unless you're on a social media). If you really want to write it, you could say "Je m'en câlisse de l'automne". You can write "sacres" in different ways ("caliss", "calisse" or "câliss"). Don't forget that this "sacre" is coming from the word "calice" and there isn't an official way to write it because it is mainly used while speaking. "M'en" is reflexive but it's also a "locution".
The translation is more I don't give a damn about autumn. There are a lot of expressions on that scheme : je m'en + verbe. Which most of the time are just some very imaginative way (and also quite vulgar) to say I don't care. https://www.italki.com/question/363251
Philip
Bulgarian, English, French, Greek, Spanish
French