Alex
Translation from Spanish to English. A short text from the book "El arból Yggdrasil" Hey! I could use some help with my translation. How would you translate this? I'd be happy if you pointed out my mayor mistakes! Mientras todo esto sucedía Loki andaba por otros lugares. Cuando a la postre visitó de nuevo a los asas u se enteró de lo que habían hecho con la Serpiente de Mídgard y con el lobo Fenris se puso por supuesto rabioso y acongojado, pero no lo demostró ante los asas sino que fingió estar jovial y bromista como siempre. Los asas ni sospechaban siquiera que Loki era el padre de las dos bestias, y mucho menos qu él mismo fuera un ogro. my translation: While all this sucsess, Loki walked through other places. After all that the new asas(inhabbitans of Valhalla) done with the snake of Midgård an the wolf Fernis, he was offcourse angry and distressed but he didn't show this in front of the asas, but pretended to be gay and playful as always. The asas never even suspected Loki to be the father of the two beasts, let alone how much he resembled an Ogre. Thanks a bundle for your precoius time!
2
0
I think the translation could be: "While all this sucsess, Loki was in other places. When in the end he visited again the asas and found out that asas had done with the snake of Midgård an the wolf Fernis, he *got* offcourse angry and distressed, but he didn't show this in front of the asas, but pretended to be gay and playful as always. The asas never even suspected Loki was the father of the two beasts, even less he was an Ogre." The expression "andaba por otros lugares" means that he was in other places, different from the one that the text refers. The expression "a la postre" means "al final", "in the end"... "se puso" means "he got" or "he become"...
This is my suggestion: While all this happened, Loki was in other places. When at last he visited the Asas (inhabbitans of Valhalla) again, he became aware of what they had done with the Snake and the wolf Fenris. He was, off curse, angry and heartbroken, but he didn’t show this in front of the Asas but he pretended be cheerful and joke as always. The Asas neither suspected Loki was the father of the two beasts, nor suspected he was an Ogre.
Alex
English, German, Spanish, Swedish
German, Spanish