Riad Amalou
The meaning of 「男はグッと堪えて背中で語り」 in this sentence Hi ! I have been reading some manga lately and I tried to understand this sentence but it is too difficult for me : 「男はグッと堪えて背中で語り 成すべきことを成す そう それこそハードボイルドだ。」 The only part that is understadable to me is "成すべきことを成す" but the first part is completely out of reach for me, especially 「背中で語り」。 Thank you for your answers.
Nov 20, 2016 2:24 AM
3
0
男はグッと堪えて背中で語り グッと堪え >堪える(こらえる koraeru)=endure bear stand 背中で語り >背中(せなか senaka=back)で 語る(かたるkataru=talk) It means " Man should talk by his back with standing,endureing,bearing everything." But acutually he can't talk whith his back. So it means man shouldn't talk a lot (or anything). Others are watching man' s behavior,action and those are more than talking. Here is the CM talk abou "背中で語る” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a_Wr3NLQn4 enjoy!
I think it means that the person's appearance from behind tells many things without any words.
Riad Amalou
Arabic (Maghrebi), English, French, Japanese
Japanese