Aquarelle
Actually I search at google for definition of the word "actually" but I found those definitions: _truly, really. _currently, now, nowadays, presently. In fact I think they are two definitions totally differents!!! So, please, can you give me some explications? Thank you.
Hi Karima! The first definition is correct - the second one is an outdated definition, and we don't use the word "actually" like that anymore. We use actually to emphasise that something is unexpectedly true. For example: "I don't usually like hotdogs, but when I ate one at the baseball game I actually enjoyed it!" Happy studying! Matt
Actually is used often as the truth or facts of a situation, for example, in one of your sentences that you used in this post, you write "In fact I think they are two definitions totally different!" and you could write "Actually I think they are two definitions totally different!" Imagine that you're talking about one book, but you didn't read it, you could say this after you talked about that book: "But actually I didn't read it". My knowledge about English is poor, and maybe I could not have explained something perfectly, but I tried to help, I hope that I achieve it.
Here is a link to some examples. I have never seen the second definition, "currently", I think that's wrong. https://www.google.com/search?q=define:+actually
Aquarelle
Arabic, English, French