victoriaenglish
What is the meaning of take down You take me down Spin me around You got me running all the lights Don't make a sound Talk to me now Let me inside your mind I don't know what you're thinking sugar But I just got that feeling sugar I took that bully on but since he was much bigger than me he took me down. My dictionary only gives: 1. to move something that is fixed in a high position to a lower position: 1. to move something that is fixed in a high position to a lower position: She made us take down all the posters. 2. to write down information: Can I just take some details down? 3. to pull a piece of clothing such as trousers part of the way down your legs 2. to write down information: Can I just take some details down? 3. to pull a piece of clothing such as trousers part of the way down your legs
You take me down refers to a "take down". Which is a move you do in wrestling where you bring the other person down onto the floor. You take me down, in the case of the song could be, as Teresa mentioned, more metaphorical in terms of mentally or emotionally.
I think that can be something like "you depress me" or something like "you put me on the floor"; I depends of the emotional interpretation.
Knock me down - could be physically as with your bully or mentally as with the song Yes you can take down details
victoriaenglish