Huy
do part-time jobs/do part-time work/have part-time jobs/have part-time work Hi everyone, Here are the sentences: 1. The number of graduates who chose to do part-time work was 2000. 2. The number of graduates who chose to do part-time jobs was 2000. 3. The number of graduates who chose to have part-time jobs was 2000. 4. The number of graduates who chose to have part-time work was 2000. I'm confused about those phrases. Could you please tell me the differences between them? Which of the above sentences will be more suitable and natural? Thank you for your help,
Nov 21, 2016 1:08 AM
Hi,in my point of view,I'd like to put it this way:The number of graduates who chose to take/do part-time jobs was 2000.
Hi Huy, Based on the sentences you gave, the sentences are all implying the same thing. 'Work' and 'Job' do mean the same thing. But it is better if you say job. For 'Have' and 'Do', it would be best to say 'do' as it indicates that the graduates are in already having the job and are doing it. Thus, the most natural answer would be number 2: The number of graduates that chose to do part-time jobs is 2000.
Thank you, Steven. I'll take your advice:)
Huy
English, Vietnamese