Myai
What does 더 예쁘시면서 mean in Korean? I told someone they were pretty and they answered that.
더 예쁘시면서 => Actually you're prettier.(더 = more, 예쁘시면서 = 예쁘시다 + 면서(while/when ...)) "XX-면서 (YY-하다)" makes an adverbial clause, like "when/while XX is happening ... (YY is happening too)". It can also present two opposing situations, like "When XX (is true), YY (is presented instead) ". Your example is the latter case, implying "(You're saying I'm pretty) when actually you're prettier (than me)". It's a response of modesty, like "Don't mention it." or "That flatters me.", rather than a serious statement.
Hi. I am not a native. I am a Korean learner as well, but I believe I can provide you answer with this one. 더 예쁘시면서 if translated directly means "while more pretty" So basically that person wants to say like "ohh you say I am pretty but you are more pretty" (In a postive way, like giving back compliment to you) Thank you. Hope that helps
Myai
English, Korean, Vietnamese
Korean