Daniel
A does near another does in a sentence Im confused with this please tell me about the grammar: He does tell her that if she doesnt do that he will kill him I just want to know about the 2 does next to each other;does the first one influence the other and turn it to "do"?please dont correct the sentence with another grammar.
So, proper grammar for that sentence would be- He does tell him that if he doesn't do that, he will kill him. This sentence has a minor error in that because the subject is never stated, the pronouns he and him get confusing. That is also very vague. The comma is necessary because the first part of that sentence is a dependent clause. A dependent, or subordinate, clause contains a subject and a verb or verb phrase but does not express a complete thought. As a result, it cannot stand alone as a sentence. You use doesn't instead of don't because the subject (he) is singular. If the subject were plural (for example, they) you would say- they don't. I hope that helps!
"Don't", which is the informal way of "do not", is usually used as a command of warning. For example, "do not answer me back" or "don't talk over me". "Doesn't" (does not) however is usually used to express a person's refusal of a matter or their feelings/inclinations. And it is always singular. Example: "He does not respect you". "He does not like you". However it might not always be a person; it can also be used as for example stating a rule (as well as in several other ways). For example: "That sentence does not make sense". In the example you presented, well grammatically it is incorrect to begin with (sorry :eek:) so it's a little difficult to answer your question using the example you provided, however you could say 'He has been told that if he does not do [insert whatever the action may be], he will be killed' 'I told him "if you do not do as I have told you to, I will kill you."'
The sentence is a nonsense. My best guess is that it should be: "He told him that if he didn't do that, he would kill him."
He tells him that if he doesn't (does not) do it that he will kill him. Don't is do not is an order like "do not play on the grass". "Do not smoke". Whereas does not refers more to the person and their action or feeling " he doesn't like the situation". "He doesn't want to clean the house" Hope this helps. Sorry I can't give proper grammar terminology
Daniel
English, Persian (Farsi)