sherl
Could you please help me look at my composition? My teacher gave me low point, I wanna know reason A misunderstanding in learning English Whether in what kind of language, a word may have different meaings, several words could sound the same, and some words look alike may have totally different explanations.Those all confuse the foreign learners. For, I can always not remember the meanings of words accurately, such as the word: distinct. Besides this word, there are distinctive, distinction. They are so alike that I can not tell them apart. And I used to deeply believe that "distinct" reperesented "different" until a monthly test. Confidently, I chose the answer I thought was definitely correct. However, totally wrong. Then I realized that I hadn't understand words, not just the word "distinct", since there are various words I was still mixing them. Language–learning is not a stiff project, it is not as easy as jusy memorize few sounds. Instead, it focus more on the understanding and using.
Nov 22, 2016 2:14 AM
My teacher commented I didn't express my thoughts clearly, not mainly the grammar problems, so I want to know in which place I make my meaning obscurely.
You should post this as a notebook entry so you'll get corrections.
sherl
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese