Alexis
Which is the sentece correct? 1-Does she run to the school? 2-Does she's running to the school? I think that the number two is the correct but I'm not sure,thanks for your comments. bye-bye
Nov 23, 2016 6:49 AM
No, the first one is correct. Here you are asking a question, so by adding 'is' after 'she' renders the second one grammatically incorrect. It's almost as if you are answering your own question with the second one because 'she's running to school' implies an affirmative answer to the question. The only other thing is if you are asking whether she runs to school on a regular/general basis, then it becomes 'does she RUN to school?' not 'running'. However if you are talking about the present and that specific moment, then it becomes 'IS she running to school?' 'Does she run to school?' - in general 'Is she running to school?' - right now. 'Yes/(no) she does /(does not).' answer to first question. 'Yes/(no) she is/(not).' Answer to second question. I hope that makes sense...?
"Does she run to the school?" is technically correct.However, it's an awkward usage. A much better way to say it would be, "Is she running to the school?" This verb form implies a continuous action. Your #2 is definitely incorrect.
Alexis
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Russian, Spanish