Chen Chen
How to say "转载" in English? "转载" means you re-upload some resources from other websites to your own sites, for example the republished articles, photos or videos. Sometimes you need to indicate the source. So In English, which word can exactly express this meaning? The word will be different carrying different nouns of ? XX articles, XX photos or XX videos? This video is XXed from blabla. Thanks for your help!!
Nov 24, 2016 7:37 AM
Answers · 4
The traditional word for "转载" is "reprint". For example, magazines might have an article "reprinted by permission". "reprint" might sound slightly odd for websites, but I think it's still the best word. You could also use "copy". Informally, people also use "lift" in the sense of copying. All these apply to printing or displaying the content, not html-linking to a source page. Linking is not reprinting. These words don't seem to be used that much though, because copyrighted contents are not supposed to be freely reprinted, and when there is a special arrangement that allows it, they might have a special name for it, like twitter's retweeting, YouTube's video linking, Google Reads, etc.
November 24, 2016
It depends on the site as well as the material. I think "post" or "link" (or even "post a link") might the best answers. If you're using Twitter, it would be "re-tweet."
November 24, 2016
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Chen Chen
Language Skills
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German
Learning Language
English, German