Laura
Can I say, I want to read your mind more than your face. or I want to read your mind over your face. Which one is much normal?Thank you so much to read it. I wanted to express that someone's mind is more important than his face. So, I would rather to know what he is but not what he looks. one is from inside, another is from his apprearance.
Nov 26, 2016 5:05 AM
I understand the meaning of both of these phrases, but unfortunately in English neither of these sound natural. In English, the phrase "read your mind" is used to describe predicting someone's logic, but it does not reference someone's emotions or soul. Just from what I read, it sounds like you want to talk about understanding a person's mood; if this is the case, "read your mind" is not the phrase you want to use. A more natural sounding phrase might be "I want to understand your emotions through your mind, not your face". I may be wrong though; I am not completely sure what you want to say. Could you send/give me more context?
I can get many meanings from your sentences. I don't know what do you really mean. You can say: More I want to read your mind from your face. or I want to read you mind from your face. or I want to read more about your mind from your face.
Laura
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Spanish