Harry
The word INSANE, is it used in England and in USA? So, I am learning English alone and then I have this doubt. I would like to know if this word INSANE. is it used only in England or in another countries? Thanks for your help and support.
'Insane' is standard English, and it is used everywhere in the English-speaking world.
The word is also used in the United States.
Yes, it's used in the United States. It's used for a whole range of meanings: the straightforward literal meaning, or various figurative meanings. Steve Jobs of Apple Computer loved to use the phrase "insanely great." "Dave's Insanity Sauce" is a hot sauce made in California that gets its name because it is extremely hot. (It has been measured at 180,000 Scoville units compared to 2,500-5,000 for Tabasco). A current U.S. song lyric contains the lines: "You know you like it but it drives you insane; You know you like it but it drives you insane; You know you like it but you're scared of the shame-- What you want, what you gonna do?..."
Harry
English, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
English, French, Portuguese