Évord
"Tranquilla mama sita" what does it mean? I was at bustop and there was a group a girl in that bustop too.. suddenly they started speaking spanish.. a girl said to her friend " tranquilla mamasita" I dont know if i wrote it correctly and also I have no idea what they are talking about. Are they talking something about me? maybe they wanted to be my friend,?
Dec 4, 2016 6:25 PM
Hello Évord "cita" at the end of a word its a diminutive (XYZcito or XYZcita). This could be use in people or objetcs. Example: "Avioncito" mean little airplane (Avión : Airplane) On the other hand, "mamacita" is not really a diminutive, but a expretion, similar to "babe". Is used on women ( most common to pretty young women). Example: "Tranquila mamacita" (Take it easy babe). Or "Hola mamacita" (Hello babe) , when trying to flirt. This kind of expretion is also used on men, but with "papacito". EX: Two ladies (friends) see a good looking guy, then one tells the other "Hey, look that handsome guy" ("Oye, mira ese papacito") I hope it was usefull for you. Regards
December 4, 2016
hahahah, no, mamasita its more commonly used in Central America, its like saying Babe, relax babe!! take it easy babe!!, that is what it means.
December 4, 2016
HAHA its a saying its like dude calm down
December 4, 2016
Évord
English, Filipino (Tagalog), Malay, Russian, Spanish
English, Filipino (Tagalog), Russian, Spanish