Javier
Translation vs Traduction Hello everyone I've allways wonder: which word is common to use when you refer to chage a text from one lenguage to another? I've used both "translation" and "traduction", but i dont really know which one do native english speaker use I think both are correct, is it right? Have a nice day Regards
Dec 5, 2016 9:17 PM
Transduction is not correct for changing one language to another. HOWEVER, it is an English word. It means to move genetic material from one micro-organism to another. I know this since I am a molecular biologist. The others probably would not know it unless they are in the field.
December 5, 2016
No, I'm afraid that isn't right at all. 'Translation' is the only correct word. When you translate from one language to another, this is a translation. 'Traduction' is not an English word. It doesn't exist.
December 5, 2016
"Translation" is English, "traduction" is French. "Traduction" is not an English word. Hope it helps!
December 5, 2016
Javier
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish