banana
how can i change my chinese english? i found not only my writing, but also my speaking is use chinese english, what should i do to change my problems?
Dec 7, 2016 11:31 AM
Speak with natives via either exchanges or by taking lessons. I don't really know what you mean when you say that your writing is in Chinese English, but if you want to become more familiar with native writing, then why not use news sites such as the BBC?
December 7, 2016
Hello Banana, first of all I think it is a good idea to read as much as you can to expose yourself to English as it is used. Then you should try to imitate it in your writing and speaking. It will take time but you can do it!
December 7, 2016
Write often. Chat often. Chat to natives. Also there are a great many Chinese people on italki, QQ & QTalk & likely other platforms, who speak excellent English. Listen, podcasts, news. Read, yes, but I suspect if you want to become natural, you should practice thinking in English till it just becomes natural. Sorry, not a fast answer. Maybe also think about your motivation. If you want to work in a call centre, where you should sound like someone just down the road form the caller, ok, sounding absolutely natural is a good concept. Otherwise, though, if understanding is your aim, as in casual conversation, having an accent & a few Chinglish phrases is part of global English. Personally, I find the American tendency to use adjective as adverbs strange. Some Chinglish expressions are no more strange to me. Practice. Be encouraged. You are obviously already very close.
December 7, 2016
banana