Candice
What does 'convicting purpose' mean? Educated-class anxiety can often be characterized as a feeling overabundant of options without a core of convicting purpose. It’s worth noting that rich countries are more anxious than poorer ones.
Dec 11, 2016 8:40 AM
I agree with Michael that 'a feeling overabundant of options without a core of convicting purpose' doesn't make any sense. All I can imagine is that the NY Times journalist responsible for this posted it without checking what he'd written.
December 11, 2016
I've never seen this expression in my life and it is in a sentence which contains some nonsense as well ("a feeling overabundant of options"). I recommend that you ignore this text as it will not help you learn English.
December 11, 2016
I'm American, and I agree with SuKi and Michael. The article is not written in proper English. Here's a better newspaper:. http://m.washingtontimes.com
December 12, 2016
Candice