Viktoria Виктория
Are there any rules for the plural form? I was reading this article about the plural in german http://germanforenglishspeakers.com/nouns/gender-and-plurals/ How do I know which plural form I'll use? Is there some pattern like the rules to know if the article is der, die or das?
Dec 12, 2016 2:48 AM
Of course, there are rules how nouns build their plural in German but it's not so simple as in Portuguese or English. There are a lot of rules and it will be quite difficult to learn them for a short period of time. The same situation with gender. One has to learn and remember gender of each noun although there are rules helping people to know what gender a noun is. Again the rule is quite long. If you are interested in that, you'd better read a grammar book and write out every noun with its plural form and in a while the rule will be clear to you.
December 12, 2016
Viktoria Виктория
English, French, German, Icelandic, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian
English, French, German, Russian