Is it ok? 'Fill the dumpling skins with the filling.' I mean 'Wrap the filling in the dumpling skins.' Which is better? Thanks
Dec 12, 2016 12:52 PM
Answers · 3
I think it's more natural to say "Fold the dumpling over the filling" Or, "fill the dumpling with the filling and fold over and seal" These are just two of many ways to say the same thing. Your versions aren't awful. The meaning is clear, they just are not very native-like to me. By the way, I've always heard the store-bought ones called 'wrappers,' not skins.
December 12, 2016
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
Chinese (Mandarin), English
Learning Language