HIROMI
Please correct my sentences No1~5 are conversation at a cafe. 1:Which(What?) kinds of coffee do you want? 2:Straws are over there on the bar. 3:Actually, we don't have ice tea, but I can make it. Put hot water a little, then put ice and water. That's how we make ice tea. 4:Can I get small coffee and cup of water as well? 5:Can I get a receipt? I just want to know how much I have balance. :Which do you think is better? :There are only few number 111 buses on the line. :The number 111 bus don't often come on the line.
Dec 12, 2016 7:54 PM
1:What kind of coffee would you like? 2: Straws are over there on the bar. 3:Actually, we don't have ice(d) tea, but I can make it for you. Pour in a little bit of hot water, then add ice and (cold) water. That's how we make ice(d) tea. 4:Can I get a small coffee and a cup of water as well? 5:Can I get the receipt? I just want to know what the balance is. :Which do you think is better? :There are only few number 111 buses on the line. << this one :The number 111 bus *doesn't often come on the line. Hope this helps, thanks!
December 12, 2016
If you are using this for work, then these phrasings might help you: 1. "What kind of coffee would you like?" No need to worry about what/which; use "what". Use the "would like" pattern for politeness. You can also say, "What are you having?" 2. "You can find straws over there on the bar." I've added a softening phrase ("you can find...") because the basic sentence might sound dismissive. This is much friendlier. 3. "Actually, we don't have iced tea in a bottle, but I can make one up fresh for you." I don't see any reason to describe the recipe. 4. "Can I get a small coffee and a glass of water, please?" Do you mean an espresso? Is the extra water hot or cold? If course, if you don't have glasses, then say "cup". 5. Can I get a receipt please? Again, I don't see any need to explain yourself. For the buses, I'd say "The triple-one bus doesn't often come this way."
December 12, 2016
1:Which(What?) kinds of coffee do you want? My wording: What kind (brand) of coffee do you like (most)? 2:Straws are over there on the bar. My wording: Straws are there, on the table (bar). 3:Actually, we don't have ice tea, but I can make it. Put hot water a little, then put ice and water. That's how we make ice tea. My wording: Actually, we don't offer ice tea, but I can make it for you. Pour hot water to one third level, then put ice and cold water into the cup. That's how we make ice tea. 4:Can I get small coffee and cup of water as well? My wording: Can I get a cup of coffee and a glass of water? please 5:Can I get a receipt? I just want to know how much I have balance. My wording: Can I have a receipt? I just want to know how much I have paid, if convenience. Thanks for your question
December 12, 2016
HIROMI