Edward Malone
English football terms I would be glad if someone tells me about English football terms and sayings. Write me, please
Here are a few at random. He's on a yellow card- been warned red-carded = sent off sent off for a second bookable offence = received 2 yellows then red-carded. he was nutmegged- someone put the ball through his legs. threw him a dummy- pretended to go one way then went the other , fooled him. He leaves his foot in= he is strong in the tackle and doesn't back down. put his foot through the ball= shot as hard as he could. a case of ball to hand rather than hand to ball- the ref didn't give a penalty because the ball hit his hand he didn't try to touch the ball. I expect you know all the positions and rules, striker, central defender, wing-back , goalkeeper. foul, offside, free kick , penalty, etc