webkadoris
What kind of English name is good for her? She is a college freshman, who wants to have an English name for the future study in the West. Her Chinese name sounds like "GeGe" which means the princess in a Chinese minority. Could anybody give me some suggestions for a suitable English name for her with the similar sound with "Ge" or with the meaning of a princess? Thank you very much!
I agree with T Mark. Using her own name or a simplified version of her own name is better than a English name.
I would stay with Ge Ge. As an Australian who has been around many Chinese, Thai, Philipinoes, Vietnamese and Cambodians, in Australia, Ge Ge was a nice normal name used by many girls. I hope you do not think I am being rude but it is a cute name. I nice happy name. Have fun T Mark
How about Gigi? Said as 'gee gee'
How about "Gaia"? It comes from the name of the Greek goddess of the Earth.
If she wanted to lean that way, the following mean "princess": Sera/Sara/Sarah/Zara Anne Sally/Sallie Sadie Tia/Tiana Some good "G" names would be: Gia Georgi/Georgie/Georgia Grace/Gracie (meaning related to princess) Gloria Gail Gem Gwen