Danyel
get up & wake up get up & wake up What is the difference?
Hi Danyel, When speaking, English speakers often will use the two interchangeably. However, by definition, they don't mean the same thing. "Wake up" means to come awake from a sleeping state. It's the first thing you do in the morning. "Get up" means to actually get out of bed. You could have woken up but not gotten up if you are lying awake in bed. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if I haven't or if something is unclear.
Pretty much the same, but I think there is a slight difference. "Get up" can mean to stop sleeping and open your eyes, but it can also mean to get up out of bed and leave your bedroom. So you can say for example: "My alarm woke me up at 8:00, but I didn't get up and get dressed until 8:30."
"Wake up", on the other hand, means to stop sleeping and open your eyes. It also means to lose that sleepy, foggy feeling you get right after you awaken. If you go to work and somebody says "I'm still waking up", it means they're still feeling sleepy and probably need a cup of coffee. Metaphorically, a computer can "wake up", but a computer can't "get up" because it doesn't have a bed to get up out of.
No difference.