Jordana
Question Hi, there Could you help me with some questions? Please! Hi, there Could you help me with some questions? Please! 1) Let us say a building has two or three exits. Would it sound odd to say "Which way did you come out?" "We came out the wrong way." "We come out on the wrong side"? 2) Do you say "On a commercial" or "In a commercial"? Appear in/on a commercial... A song on/in a commercial? 3) Should i say "The box is way too high in the cupboard, so I can't get at it." or "The box is up high in the cupboard, so I can't get at it." What would you say? Neither? 4) Can you say "I will have the repairman to plaster the wall as far down as here."? What would you say? is "have" odd here? Please, help me.I really need help! Thank you very much!
1) "Which way did you come out?" is perfect and natural. "We came out the wrong way." In response to the question would sound a bit repetitive in my opinion, but on its own would also be natural. "We come out on the wrong side." I think you meant to write "came", which would be correct, assuming the exits are on different sides of the building. "We come out on the wrong side." would be a very odd thing to say. 2) in a commercial is correct. 3) I would use "too high up", and probably omit "in the cupboard" in most situations, although it is not incorrect to use it. 4) "I'll have the repairman plaster the wall down to here" - this may sound oddly formal depending on your usual speaking manner "I'll get the repairman to plaster the wall down to here" - standard spoken English
1) Let us say a building has two or three exits. Would it sound odd to say "Which way did you come out?" "We came out the wrong way." "We come out on the wrong side"? A: you may use the first two but not the last one. 2) Do you say "On a commercial" or "In a commercial"? Appear in/on a commercial... A song on/in a commercial? A: "in" 3) Should i say "The box is way too high in the cupboard, so I can't get at it." or "The box is up high in the cupboard, so I can't get at it." What would you say? Neither? A: The box is up too high in the cupboard, so I can't reach it. 4) Can you say "I will have the repairman to plaster the wall as far down as here."? What would you say? is "have" odd here? A: The use of have is perfect. Remove the "to." Maybe consider... I will have the repairman plaster the wall this far down.