Dani
What does "gear" mean? Could you pls advise me an online dictionary? Good day everybody! These days I came across the word "gear". It came together with the word "uniform", so I guess it possibly means "clothes". Could you please tell me how does it come? I looked up the word in a local online dictionary, but it told me the meaning of mechanical equipment. There was no explanation of clothes. Could you pls advise me a good online dictionary? Thanks so much!
Hi Ygritte, In English, "gear" can mean any equipment that is used for a particular purpose. For example... Running gear: tank top, shorts, running shoes, athletic socks Swimming gear: swimsuit, swimming trunks, goggles, hair cap Fishing gear: fishing pole, bait and tackle box, fishing hat, flannel shirt, vest, outdoor chair If you want a nice English dictionary online, try: http://dictionary.reference.com/ I hope my answer helps. Please let me know if something isn't clear. 我也可以用中文解释。