simone
Is it correct ? We celebrate the Earth-day playing the old games just to have fun both children and ancients.
Mar 1, 2017 9:11 AM
Hi Simone, I assume you are referring to Earth Day, which is a day when we dedicate ourselves to protecting the Earth and conserving Earth's resources with practical choices such as switching off our lights for an hour? I also assume that "ancients" mean the elderly? If my assumptions are right, then you can write: We celebrate Earth Day with traditional games that we play for fun with both children and the elderly. Hope this helps. Cheers, Lance
I'm not sure what you mean by "Earth-day" but I will assume you mean the holiday. In that case, it would be better to write: The children and adults celebrate Earth Day by playing traditional games just for fun. Ancients isn't used to refer to older adults. You can use the word adults, or elders. However, the word elders isn't frequently used in common conversation outside of the phrase "Respect your elders". If you want to refer to people who lived a very long time ago, you can use the word ancestors. Ancient is mostly used as an adjective. The ancient people lived thousands of years ago.... an ancient civilization... I hope that helps. Alexis