Ari
What do you think is the hardest language you had to/are learning so far? Why? I think Korean will probably be the hardest language for me to learn. Although I haven't started yet. So many ooh's and ahh's. Russian also looks like it will prove a challenge!
3 ก.พ. 2008 เวลา 20:52
5
0
I think the hardest language to learn will depend on what your native language is. If you're an English speaker, I think Spanish and French are probably the easiest. If you're a Chinese speaker, I think you might have an advantage learning Japanese because of the overlap in characters (kanji). In general (for english speakers) -- according to a recent report from Ohio on language learning in the US: Group I - French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish -- 720 hours Group II - Farsi (Persian), German, Greek, Hindi -- 1320 hours Group III - Polish, Russian, Turkish, Vietnamese -- 1320 hours * Group IV - Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean -- 2400 - 2760 hours A typical four-year high school in the US will only have 480 hours total. However,
10 กุมภาพันธ์ 2008
It depends on your native language. I'm italian and i find that latin languages, like spanish and french, are very easy to learn and understand for me because they are similar. If your mother tongue is one of the Germanic group, you will be able to learn easily another language of that group (those are English, German, Norwegian, Dutch, Danish...) If you speak a Slavic language, like Russian, it will be easy learn Slovenian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Polish....
14 กุมภาพันธ์ 2008
I have heard that Finnish and Hungarian are also pretty challenging.
14 กุมภาพันธ์ 2008
They say that Russian is so hard, but I think that because the grammar rules are applied so consistently it isn't really that hard once you get used to the rules. Also word gender in Russian isn't necessary to learn, as it depends on the ending of each word. BRILLIANT! I lived in Japan for years, and found the language to be a serious headache. (I can speak it now however.) Even though I am a native English speaker, I find German to be hard. Mainly due to the apparently random designation of gender. My job is an English teacher. I find English to be among the hardest, as it has so many words and foreign influences.
13 กุมภาพันธ์ 2008
I'm Russian, so I can say that lots of Europeans consider my language to be very hard to learn, but I actually don't think so. I know English and learn Japanese, German and sometimes Spanish. I don't consider them to be hard to learn at all - the main idea in learning is to think like THEY think...And the willing, of course! ^_^
13 กุมภาพันธ์ 2008
Ari
English, French, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
French, Japanese, Russian, Spanish