Ivan
Can someone explain「下を向いたらダメだ。」 I'm reading an interview article and it says: 話すを聞くうちに、普段は気づかないけど、自分の夢だったり根本にあるものはみんな一緒なのかなって思えて。ただ、逆に自分の重いはみんなと違うのかな?って思ってしまうときもありましたね......。 「下をむいたらダメだ」って言われたんですけど、本番前に泣いてしまいました。 The literal translation of "don't look down" doesn't really make sense to me in this context, so I thought maybe it's more of an emotional "down"? Can someone explain what this means in this context?
2017年10月4日 17:58
3
0
In Japanese, "下を向く" infers a lot of meanings. In this context, it means the feeling of depression. So ”下を向いたらダメだ” means "don't be depressed."
2017年10月4日
This is not easy to get to me as well.. Generally speaking, people are likely to cast their eyes or head down, when they get anxious, hesitated or something guilty feeling. And this speaker feels isolated and gets negative. Then, someone else might have give a suggestion to keep chin up. That is what I read from this text.
2017年10月6日
Ivan
Chinese (Cantonese), English, Japanese
Japanese