Kelly Xu
lose my balls?? ‘You know,’ I said, my hand on the knife, underneath my shirt, ‘if you were me, you probably would.’ The man who’d spoken looked away from me to nod his head at the policeman. The officer saluted, climbed back onto his bike, and rode away. ‘Nice trick,’ I said, turning back. ‘I must remember it, if I ever lose my balls.’ ‘You can lose your motherfucking balls right here and now, gora,’ a thin man with a pencil moustache said, showing the blade of a knife he hid in his sleeve. I would like to know what does "lose my balls" here mean. Thanks.
5
0
Hello Kelly, It is a literal meaning , he will get his balls 睾丸 cut off! Hope this helps Bob
The literal meaning is to have one's testicles cut off. That is the second reference in the paragraph. The idiomatic meaning is "to lose one's courage". That is the first use of it in the paragraph. The character at the end has a knife and is offering to turn the idiom into reality.
It means when a man lose his dignity or gets humiliated without speaking or acting back!
Kelly Xu