med elyaacoubi
What is the rule of Glottal T At first, I use this rule here from pronuncian.com: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/56a3a52dcbced637feaca73c/t/56d0a6a920c647731a6b8c1b/1456514744857/linking-t-as-glottal-stop.gif Some native english from britain are using a wide range compared to the rule given above, for example: ABOUT OUR... in this example T was pronounced as a glottal t, It comes between two vowels. And this wasn't mentioned in the picture given above (pronuncian.com source). Can someone explain more and give me an exact rule for British and American glottal stop?
2
0
There is not a rule, as far as I know. Instead of pronouncing a t with the tip of the tongue on the palate it is pronounced by stopping the breath in the throat. It only occurs if the t is in the middle or the end of the word. So, "bottle" often has a glottal stop, but total has a normal t at the beginning and a glottal stop in the middle. *** edit It happens with other consonants as well, the k in talking.
med elyaacoubi
Arabic, English