Mac Bull
日本語の質問ですが・・・ (I have a Japanese question...) 日本語の言葉 「絞る」または 「搾り取る」が英語で ”exploit" の意味があります。 英語例文: She exploited him for his talents. 日本語にどうやって直しますか? (翻訳) 「オレンジを絞る」ぐらいの使い方分りますが、”exploit” の使い方がちょっと意味不です。 よろしくお願いします。 I understand that one meaning of the word「 絞る」 OR 「搾り取る」 is "exploit" But I don't understand how to make the sentence. Am I lost in context? Because I feel like I am just saying some thing like "I am squeezing the orange (for juice)" Thank you.Taiji, Thank you very much for your answer. I really appreciate it. But it leaves me with another question. In the translation sentence you gave, you said: “彼女は彼の才能を食い物にした” But why did you use "食い物" instead of ”搾取” Forgive me, I don't mean to be rude, but now that I am getting the idea of usage, I am just trying to understand the "best (most commonly used)" Japanese equivalent to the English word "exploit" Thank you.
2
0
OK, a friend explained to me your answer. Thank you so much, I got it!
“She exploited him for his talents” is “彼女は彼の才能を食い物にした” The other examples of the words are お金を搾り取る (take almost all the money against his/her will) and 知恵をしぼる (try very hard to come up with a new idea)
Mac Bull
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese, Sign Language
Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Sign Language