Check out our updated Community
Jonatas
Listen and Hear What is the difference between Listen and Hear ? For example, what of the phrases below are correct or more used in the oral English ? I'm listening a music. I'm hearing a music. Thank you all.
Listening is the act of hearing a sound and understanding what you hear. Hearing is one of the five senses and it just happens all the time – whether you like it or not – unless you have a hearing problem. I'm listening to the radio. I'm hearing a strange sound.
"hear" is your physical ability and also your perception in some context "listen" is your intention One can listen but not hear a word.
The verb "listen" implies the will of wanting to perceive a sound / noise through the sense of hearing. the verb "hear", instead, refers to an involuntary hearing perception. If I say "I'm listening a music", I'm saying I'm listening to music because I like to do it. If I say "I'm hearing a music", I0m saying I'm hearing the music in an involuntary way.
Jonatas
English, Portuguese, Spanish